Public server improvements

Lostin

Public server improvements

Post by Lostin »

There might be some improvements that can be taken into account

*Remove nades kick (or at least make it you can't kick your own nade) it just ruins the game imo.

*Make sniper clip 10 bullets.
*Reduce the round time to 2 or 3 minutes to discourage camping.

*Some maps need spawn fix specially for Allies. The Hunt is just one example. Either eliminate Axis's front spawn, or add front spawn to Allies so that some players will spawn a little bit forward. I have seen some servers added teleports close to Allies spawn fence. This will balance the gameplay. Not sure how difficult this to be added.

*Remove custom maps except for Rockbound. Most people don't like them because they are unknown and waste time. Sure we can have some custom maps from time to time but not in the rotation. Custom maps are the biggest issue when it comes to server's traffic.

There might be some other suggestions but that is what i remember.

Maybe HOD can consider any of these.
AriFeannor

Re: Public server improvements

Post by AriFeannor »

I'm all for the roundlimit being reduced.
Tro

Post by Tro »

Lostin wrote:There might be some improvements that can be taken into account

*Remove nades kick (or at least make it you can't kick your own nade) it just ruins the game imo.
Thats your opinion, mine is somewhat different, its enjoyable... we didnt have them on the scrim server for scrims
Lostin wrote: *Make sniper clip 10 bullets.
Sniper clips I don't mind either way, ill work with it
Round time should never go below 4min, been there and done that ... its not all about rush (you should know this, you camp more than most at strong hold points)
Lostin wrote: *Some maps need spawn fix specially for Allies. The Hunt is just one example. Either eliminate Axis's front spawn, or add front spawn to Allies so that some players will spawn a little bit forward. I have seen some servers added teleports close to Allies spawn fence. This will balance the gameplay. Not sure how difficult this to be added.
Tried this, worked for a while - takes a lot of work to make these changes for other maps - dont like the teleport, its not right... sounds like an mls thing
Lostin wrote: *Remove custom maps except for Rockbound. Most people don't like them because they are unknown and waste time. Sure we can have some custom maps from time to time but not in the rotation. Custom maps are the biggest issue when it comes to server's traffic.
Disagree, sometimes they get played a lot, its only a few of you that complain about them...
We are here to play and have fun, sure some maps get tiresome after a short time... some are loved... but to remove all customs would suck - V2 gets boring over and over and over...
Lostin wrote: There might be some other suggestions but that is what i remember.

HOD has always been open, the thing is .. everyone or someone complains no matter what....

To change the server to just suit you... isn't right for all

I do applaud you posting up tho, m ore people need to visit the forums!

I will say this, complain and going on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on

Annoys the hell out of me, much better for those that keep complaining to come on TS and be part of the community - that way i will at least listen

Tro
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

Lostin wrote:There might be some improvements that can be taken into account

I didn't make the thing so I can't change it. It is what it is. Its one of those things that I tried out expecting everyone to complain but nobody did. Seems most people like the kick nades but if people don't then speak up. It doesn't matter to me.
*Make sniper clip 10 bullets.
I'm hesistent to make too many changes to the realism. we've been CKR rifle sniper for many years now. Shortening the rounds, I don't think would be a good idea. For what its worth it used to be 5 minutes. 3 minutes is a bit short to get to the objective consistently and helps the defending campers rack up the cheap kills. We did have it 3 for a while and time ran out a lot on people.

The mod on the scrim server does have 10 shots sniper 8 shots rifle. Open to feedback on which mod is better but personally I think that most of the LOL moments come when you're scrambling and trying to find time to reload and shit.
*Some maps need spawn fix specially for Allies. The Hunt is just one example. Either eliminate Axis's front spawn, or add front spawn to Allies so that some players will spawn a little bit forward. I have seen some servers added teleports close to Allies spawn fence. This will balance the gameplay. Not sure how difficult this to be added.
Changing maps too much isn't really in my skillset. I can figure out how to do some basic shit if I force myself but spawn points, or shit like weapons accuracy mods, or other shit like that isn't something I can do for people. If someone wants to propose a mod that they like than we can check it out, but sorry I'm not able to customize shit on demand I'm not that guy.

*Remove custom maps except for Rockbound. Most people don't like them because they are unknown and waste time. Sure we can have some custom maps from time to time but not in the rotation. Custom maps are the biggest issue when it comes to server's traffic.
They're not an issue because people don't have the maps, just if they don't want to play them.

Not easy to keep everyone happy on this one. I find it ironic that you say "no customs except Rockbound" because "people don't know them". So how did you learn to like the map? You played it is how.

Try to give some of it a chance and I'll try to keep the customs down a bit, okay? For now you should be happy with the rotation.

I put on lots of maps that I personally don't enjoy because I know there are people that do enjoy them.
There might be some other suggestions but that is what i remember.

Can do.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire
Lostin

Post by Lostin »

Tro wrote:Thats your opinion, mine is somewhat different, its enjoyable... we didnt have them on the scrim server for scrims
I am sure it isn't my opinion only. I remember it wasn't in the previous scrim server but now it is back in the new one.
Tro wrote: Round time should never go below 4min, been there and done that ... its not all about rush (you should know this, you camp more than most at strong hold points)
It isn't about rush. It is more about people that don't even know about the bomb and only lurk around doing nothing. If the round time will stay unchanged then maybe we could have some sort of a reminder console message that tells about the objective or something similar.

Tro wrote: Tried this, worked for a while - takes a lot of work to make these changes for other maps - dont like the teleport, its not right... sounds like an mls thing
Honestly, i have no idea how to change things in the server. It is just ideas/suggestions for the people in charge. But in my opinion and i am sure many others agree, the spawn on The Hunt for Allies is unfair. People who get front spawn on Axis just nade Allies spawn. It is an unbalanced map.
Tro wrote: Disagree, sometimes they get played a lot, its only a few of you that complain about them...
We are here to play and have fun, sure some maps get tiresome after a short time... some are loved... but to remove all customs would suck - V2 gets boring over and over and over...
Only few? what i have been seeing is the contrary, many don't like them. I see only you and HOD are ok with them. I am not saying remove all customs. We could have Rockbound and some other small maps like that one with the trains. I do agree with you that some maps get tiresome.
Tro wrote:To change the server to just suit you... isn't right for all
It isn't the case. Changing server to suit more people is more appropriate. We could see who agrees and who doesn't. The thing is, few people only use the forum.
Tro wrote:I do applaud you posting up tho, m ore people need to visit the forums!
Yeah, after nobody listens in the game. Lol.
Tro wrote:I will say this, complain and going on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on on and on and on and on

Annoys the hell out of me, much better for those that keep complaining to come on TS and be part of the community - that way i will at least listen

Tro
Last time i was in TS it was annoying AF. 3 - 4 people talking at the same time. It is just chaos.
Lostin

Post by Lostin »

I didn't make the thing so I can't change it. It is what it is. Its one of those things that I tried out expecting everyone to complain but nobody did. Seems most people like the kick nades but if people don't then speak up. It doesn't matter to me.
Yeah, i don't like them and i am sure bled on the same boat too and maybe some others. The thing is, few people use the forum.

I'm hesistent to make too many changes to the realism. we've been CKR rifle sniper for many years now. Shortening the rounds, I don't think would be a good idea. For what its worth it used to be 5 minutes. 3 minutes is a bit short to get to the objective consistently and helps the defending campers rack up the cheap kills. We did have it 3 for a while and time ran out a lot on people.

The mod on the scrim server does have 10 shots sniper 8 shots rifle. Open to feedback on which mod is better but personally I think that most of the LOL moments come when you're scrambling and trying to find time to reload and shit.
10 bullets seems to be fair play. It is much more helpful when a player plays against 3 or 4 players. The shorten of rounds time is just to help against people who lurk around and doing nothing. We could have some sort of a console message reminder about the objective or something similar instead. Don't know, up to you to think what is better in this case.
Changing maps too much isn't really in my skillset. I can figure out how to do some basic shit if I force myself but spawn points, or shit like weapons accuracy mods, or other shit like that isn't something I can do for people. If someone wants to propose a mod that they like than we can check it out, but sorry I'm not able to customize shit on demand I'm not that guy.
Hear you there man. Neither me. We could look for a ready-made mods on some sites like mohaaaa.co.uk or moddb.com for the people here to check them out.

Not easy to keep everyone happy on this one. I find it ironic that you say "no customs except Rockbound" because "people don't know them". So how did you learn to like the map? You played it is how.
There is a difference between customs. Rockbound isn't just the same as LOLV2. Rockbound is far smaller one and could be learned in no time.
Try to give some of it a chance and I'll try to keep the customs down a bit, okay? For now you should be happy with the rotation.
Fair enough.

Cheers HOD.
Have a nice long weekend y'all.
HadeesDrudge

Post by HadeesDrudge »

I miss naked mohaa tuesdays
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

LOLV2 isn't all that big of a map, IMO. Not too hard to figure out. One of the best IMO, but hey we all know what they say about opinions...

EDIT forgot to answer this one:
Honestly, i have no idea how to change things in the server. It is just ideas/suggestions for the people in charge. But in my opinion and i am sure many others agree, the spawn on The Hunt for Allies is unfair. People who get front spawn on Axis just nade Allies spawn. It is an unbalanced map.
The other answer to that one is that I did used to run the modified spawns mod and many more people complained about it than liked it. Particularly more than one person who held the hunt as their favorite map. I'm willing to run them again if people want me to, but I wouldn't count on it being any different this time.

― Voltaire
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

Okay I took the kicknades off the scrim server and gave it a stock+RB rotation. So we have an option.

Please don't give other people shit about the option they choose. :D

― Voltaire
HadeesDrudge

Post by HadeesDrudge »

What is it you dont like about kick nades Lostin?