Mouse DPI settings

AriFeannor

Re: Mouse DPI settings

Post by AriFeannor »

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com/201 ... n-fix.html also something to consider. To remove the extra windows mouse accleration besides enhance pointer percision.

"But I don't use the middle 6/11 pointer speed setting?
If you want exact 1-to-1 in-game response when the pointer speed slider is not in the 6/11 position, or you have a custom display DPI, see the MarkC Mouse Fix Builder, which works for Windows 10, 8.x, 7, Vista and XP.
For those older games that turn acceleration on, it gives the same response as position 6/11 does (1-to-1), without having to move the pointer speed slider to 6/11.
The MarkC Windows 10 + 8.1 + 8 + 7 + Vista + XP Mouse Acceleration Fix Builder

The MarkC Mouse Fix Builder can also create a fix that emulates Windows 2000 or Windows 98 or Windows 95 acceleration."
The Mummy

Post by The Mummy »

also question when measuring that, i put the start marker on the left edge of my mouse - did the 360's - and then put the end marker down on the right edge of my mouse lol
Tro

Post by Tro »

The Mummy wrote:also question when measuring that, i put the start marker on the left edge of my mouse - did the 360's - and then put the end marker down on the right edge of my mouse lol
You need to measure from the same spot both times...

Tro
AriFeannor

Post by AriFeannor »

idk why I'm bothering but
pat: @Ari don't feel like signing up for misfits forum but i use:

DPI: 900
MOHAA sensitivity: 4.7
mouse: Glorious Model O-
AriFeannor

Post by AriFeannor »

Edit I misremembered the mark c mouse fix and what it does, it does it for older games that force accel on when you turned it off from windows and fixes it. Mohaa doesn't need, nor do most newer games, just older games but it comes with a cool mouse recorder to tell you if you have acceleration on or not.
Lostin

Post by Lostin »

I play with this mouse Razer DeathAdder. The DPI in their software is set to 11000 and polling rate 500 Hz with acceleration off. For game, the sensitivity is set to 8.6 with the smooth mouse option selected. In windows it is default settings.
Last edited by Lostin on Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tro

Post by Tro »

Lostin wrote:I play with this mouse Razer DeathAdder. The DPI in their software is set to 11000 and polling rate 500 Mhz with acceleration off. For game, the sensitivity is set to 8.6 with the smooth mouse option selected. In windows it is default settings.
And travel distance for 1 complete 360? (or 2)

Tro
AriFeannor

Post by AriFeannor »

Lostin wrote:I play with this mouse Razer DeathAdder. The DPI in their software is set to 11000 and polling rate 500 Mhz with acceleration off. For game, the sensitivity is set to 8.6 with the smooth mouse option selected. In windows it is default settings.
I'm guessing you don't have widows 10. Otherwise if you do, I would try setting it to 125 or 150 polling rate, which ever one of those is there and see if you notice a difference in smoothness. 400 DPI can also help with smoothing stuff out. Not all mice do it but most logitech and razer mice do. Be interesting to see that some Razer mice don't have that problem. But death adders are one of the few good mice from Razer. Let me know. And even though I have a preference for lower DPI's and strictly 400, its only somewhat necessary for mohaa in windows 10 on some mice. But the polling rate matters much more than the DPI in this instance. I and alot of others cant have a high polling rate on windows 10 because it makes the mouse all jumpy. But again, 400 DPI also smoothens it out as well, more noticeable before the polling rate change though.
Lostin

Post by Lostin »

Tro wrote:
And travel distance for 1 complete 360? (or 2)

Tro
You mean how much distance it takes for the mouse to do a 360?
I just tried it, i would say about 3 to 4 cm on the pad for a turn of 360 in the game. I use small mouse pad with the gel support on the wrist.
AriFeannor wrote:
I'm guessing you don't have widows 10. Otherwise if you do, I would try setting it to 125 or 150 polling rate, which ever one of those is there and see if you notice a difference in smoothness. 400 DPI can also help with smoothing stuff out. Not all mice do it but most logitech and razer mice do. Be interesting to see that some Razer mice don't have that problem. But death adders are one of the few good mice from Razer. Let me know. And even though I have a preference for lower DPI's and strictly 400, its only somewhat necessary for mohaa in windows 10 on some mice. But the polling rate matters much more than the DPI in this instance. I and alot of others cant have a high polling rate on windows 10 because it makes the mouse all jumpy. But again, 400 DPI also smoothens it out as well, more noticeable before the polling rate change though.
I am on Windows 7. Although i have Windows 10 installed on a different hard drive, i have not used it much. I have no problem with smoothness and don't really know those technical info like polling rate or acceleration stuff. The problem with 400 DPI is the mouse barely moves anymore and i have to work very hard to move it. I have 28-inch screen. I don't know if their software reads the same DPI as the others.

Here is pic of Razer's software mouse settings.
AriFeannor

Post by AriFeannor »

Yeah as long as its windows 7, not 10, you don't have to worry about the polling rate. And in windows mouse properties, cursor speed is 6/11 then all acceleration is off. Acceleration is a multiplier which makes your mouse movements less consistent.
And i was just testing out a higher dpi, I notice more inconsistency with 1600 vs 400 dpi.