New Txt To Speech File

Lessslie

New Txt To Speech File

Post by Lessslie »

I edited the file so things aren't as long winded, I did a normal one and one a little dirty. The files are in teamspeak for download. For the normal shortened one, right click on the MOHAA channel and open the file browser, download the settings file, I think it automatically saves to your downloads you don't get a choice. The dirty one is in the AFK channel. So right click on AFK and open that channels file browser.

Once you locate the file in your downloads you need to overwrite the original file which can be found in...

Program Files

TeamSpeak 3 Client

sound

default_speech

Then replace setting file within and restart teamspeak.

***If you already got a file and just didn't put it in the correct folder yet delete it and download it again, I just changed a few things in both files.
Stormy

Re: New Txt To Speech File

Post by Stormy »

hmm, I did what you said, and it did not change anything.
Lessslie

Post by Lessslie »

Yeah idk why it wont work for other ppl, weird. You sure you overwrited the file right? try moving it out somewhere to save it then replace it with mine idk.
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

I don't know either, I tried everything, and nothing is working. Sucks because I want to use it.
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

Stormy wrote:I don't know either, I tried everything, and nothing is working. Sucks because I want to use it.
Try this: search your entire hard drive for the exact file name. It'll probably return more than one file. One will be in the location you're trying to edit, and there will be another one somewhere in the c:/user/??? directory. Edit the one in THAT location. I get the same problem when I try to edit my unnamedsoldier.cfg

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire
buckwheat

Post by buckwheat »

Works perfect for me. Just overwrite the same settings.ini file located in C-Program Files - teamspeak 3 client - sound - default_speech
Lessslie

Post by Lessslie »

default_speech not Default_male

That may be the problem.
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

Actually, the problem seems to be you said program files, and I actually found the right file in program files (x86) It was why it wasn't working.
Lessslie

Post by Lessslie »

Actually that is what I have too I didn't think there was a TS folder in the other program files so I didn't think about it.
Crazy_Banana

Post by Crazy_Banana »

i'm having the same issue, i don't see anything different in the chat window and the sounds are normal.

also i didn't think it would work for the sound since ts3 uses sound files for everything.

AppData\Local\TeamSpeak 3 Client

is the only location for my teamspeak files and i changed the suggested file to the dirty version of course.

ah figured it out, had to change it to "Default text to speech" in the notifications tab
Broadcom BCM943228HMB in cheap china pci-e x1 adapter - (N on 5ghz channel)

VS.

Asus PCE-AC66 (BCM4360) - (AC on 5ghz channel)