Server Never Connects

vicodin

Server Never Connects

Post by vicodin »

Having issues trying to get my girlfriend's MOHAA working on her new PC. I've done a cd install and a download install, neither have worked. Game launches normally, it just never connects to a server, nothing in console and the connection never times out... I've checked windows firewall and mohaa is an allowed program. Any suggestions?
High on Death
Site Admin

Re: Server Never Connects

Post by High on Death »

vicodin wrote:Having issues trying to get my girlfriend's MOHAA working on her new PC. I've done a cd install and a download install, neither have worked. Game launches normally, it just never connects to a server, nothing in console and the connection never times out... I've checked windows firewall and mohaa is an allowed program. Any suggestions?
Did you get the patches? And the patch to fix the server browser? One thing to look for is to see if windows update KB3086255 is installed. If it is, delete it.

Rather than installing from the game disks,its probably better to download MOHAA Revival.

MOHAA revival contains fully patched and updated MOHAA, Spearhead, and Breakthrough with working server browsers.

http://mohaarevival.tk/

Oh, yeah; there's one other way. You can copy your entire EA games folder using a thumb drive. Copy it to the other computer. Its better NOT to install it to the "program files" folder, as windows file protections make it more difficult to add maps and edit your unnamedsoldier.cfg.

once you copy the folder, run the "configure.exe" in your MOHAA folder, and the game will most likely run fine.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire
vicodin

Post by vicodin »

OK, I used the download from our site, is that MOHAA Revival? I did patch the server browser, didn't work whether I did in-game browser, query browser or direct IP. Has anyone had the issue of it never connecting OR timing out? Maybe there's an extra layer of windows security I haven't bypassed? Or maybe I need to be running in compatibility mode for a specific version of Windows?
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

No its not revival. I think it works but you need to edit the unnamedsoldier.cfg to change the user name, I think. I'm not familiar with the one in our downloads so I'm not sure what to tell you. If you can't get that one to work try removing that update I mentioned.

I highly recommend the revival one. Gives you MOHAA, Allied Assault, and Breakthrough, all patched, no CD, with server browsers fixed.

EDIT - Oh, yeah, like I said, if you end up installing again, don't install it to the default folder (windows/program files). Install it somewhere on your C: drive. Makes getting the customs working easier.
Last edited by High on Death on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: config.sys? That is soooo 1990.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire
MsDimeanor

Post by MsDimeanor »

It's probably that windows file issue from an old update.
Here is the Microsoft website with the info... https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hel ... -component

Here is the file that could be causing your issue.... KB3086255. This update turns off the service for the secdrv.sys driver.

Hope this helps.
vicodin

Post by vicodin »

K I'll try both suggestions out. FYI, mohaarevival.tk no longer works but a mirror appears to have been made at http://www.mymohaa.tk/
Tro

Post by Tro »

Vic,

Other things to try:
Ping the server - this will tell you if your firewall or modem/router is letting you through - could there be another firewall...
Run as administrator also

Assuming you are connecting to the correct IP, it wont connect if you have the wrong version (i.e. from an install CD - this needs the patches)

Like HOD suggested, easiest way is to copy from your PC onto a drive and paste it on your C drive - run the CONFIGURE.exe

If the game starts and runs, Its your firewall/router/modem/windows defender etc

Tro

Edit: ps ignore - just saw the date lol...

Tro