mohaa

Stormy

Re: mohaa

Post by Stormy »

I added you a while back on steam, but you never replied.. lol

I am okay with not doing TS if I did stream it, but if people are upset about it, I can just play on a day off.
AriFeannor

Post by AriFeannor »

Stormy wrote:
AriFeannor wrote:They don't like it when you stream.
who doesn't?
I couldn't figure out how to stream mohaa with sound/audio and no teamspeak without audio delay for both the stream and while actually playing the game myself because sounds are a second off from the program I used to remove ts audio, used voice banana meter. If you figure it out stormy, let me know. Otherwise its sound or no sound.

They don't want private convo's on it because we talk about a lot of world domination in teamspeak.
Last edited by AriFeannor on Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

Yeah that's not me on steam, its my son.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire
circa

Post by circa »

I've streamed my gameplay in the past. As I recall most were supportive of the idea after explaining what it was or why I was doing it.

The streaming of TS along with the gameplay however was and I assume still remains an issue.

Some members voiced concerns about how there could be privacy issues.

Ari and I experimented with a couple of different programs to isolate the TS out. I don't think we ever found a way to not have the TS sound come through to wherever we were streaming (twitch/youtube).

in lieu of a fix like that it seems like there are only 2 options..

1) hop on and stream but no TS
2) play and use TS but no stream

I ultimately opted for option #2 as I love interacting with everyone on TS and would rather do that than stream to like 1-3 people.

If you know a way to isolate sounds out though let me know would love to get the stream going again!
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

There are ways to isolate sounds. I will look into it later. Been doing this for over 2 years now, so have a few tricks I have picked up.
circa

Post by circa »

Stormy wrote:There are ways to isolate sounds. I will look into it later. Been doing this for over 2 years now, so have a few tricks I have picked up.
I should specify that there are/were programs like Banana Meter but it adds a significant delay to the audio.

Looking forward to your workaround and hoping that you're willing to share it :)
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

I think I have it figured out, but will have to test it sometime before I stream to see if it actually works or not. I have been sick and sleeping a lot last couple of days, so not sure I will get around to mohaa tonight, as I still gotta remember how to put the files where they are supposed to go. If this works, I will be more than happy to share it.
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

High on Death wrote:Yeah that's not me on steam, its my son.
Yeah I figured that out when he responded. He should change his name, lol
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

circa wrote:
Stormy wrote:There are ways to isolate sounds. I will look into it later. Been doing this for over 2 years now, so have a few tricks I have picked up.
I should specify that there are/were programs like Banana Meter but it adds a significant delay to the audio.

Looking forward to your workaround and hoping that you're willing to share it :)
So, I tested my fix, and it seems to work just fine. I will do a walk through on how I set it up at a later time.
Stormy

Post by Stormy »

I am using a virtual audio cable, which you can find here: https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/

Open your sound control panel
You should see something that looks like this
soundcapture.PNG
Where line 1 would be your Headset. Cable Input is the virtual audio cable you just installed.
(This is important)
You will want to set your headset up to be your Default Communications Device and the VAC as Default Device.
Open the Recording tab, and open the properties for Cable Input. Select the Listen tab, and Make sure Listen to this device is selected. Open Teamspeak, and select options. Change your playback device to be your headset.

Whatever streaming software you use, you will need to make sure Cable Input is the primary input. This will send the game sounds to your streaming software, while routing teamspeak and the game to your headset. It is important you make sure to follow these steps, to prevent the voice chat to pick up on stream. I tested it tonight during my stream, so I know it works.

In case you are wondering why mine says line 1 Breakaway Pipeline. That is what I use to hear with now. It is like a built in hearing aid for me. My illness has progressed to the point I only have about 2% hearing left. So, I route my headset into the pipline, and now I can easily switch to route the game to slobs, and breakaway.