NHL's Dumbass:Kneels for American anthem,stands for Canadian

Politics
High on Death
Site Admin

NHL's Dumbass:Kneels for American anthem,stands for Canadian

Post by High on Death »

Matt Dumba, Canadian player for the Minnesota Wild. After telling us "racism is systemic", "racism is EVERYWHERE", kneels during American national anthem. Then he STANDS UP for the Canadian anthem. WTF?

Dumbass, If my country is so racist and evil, then why are you working down here? Feel free to FUCK OFF!

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire
Zerk

Re: NHL's Dumbass:Kneels for American anthem,stands for Cana

Post by Zerk »

As if Im gonna watch more than 30 secs of that bullshit. Someone plz inform dumbass that Canada had slaves too. Slavery exists in Africa and throughout the Muslim world Still to this day. On a side note we are all slaves to the federal reserve. Wealth determines privilege, not race.
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

Slavery? They don't give a fuck about slavery. China uses slave labor to make NBA gear.

― Voltaire
circa

Post by circa »

High on Death wrote:Matt Dumba, Canadian player for the Minnesota Wild. After telling us "racism is systemic", "racism is EVERYWHERE", kneels during American national anthem. Then he STANDS UP for the Canadian anthem. WTF?

Dumbass, If my country is so racist and evil, then why are you working down here? Feel free to FUCK OFF!
So the point of contention isn't the kneeling - it's that he didn't kneel for both anthems.

At least you're making progress in your views :)
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

circa wrote:
So the point of contention isn't the kneeling - it's that he didn't kneel for both anthems.

The point is that for some reason sports now pushes leftist political propaganda down my throat. Sports used to be a refuge from politics, ffs.

The point is that it's annoying that these idiot athletes feel the need to offend people and attack our country. Intentional disrepect. The country that showered them with opportunity and made them rich.

"It's not about the flag", they said. "Its not about the anthem." Yeah right. Dumbass purports to be telling us something important (same old same old actually), then intentionally disrespects my country, but not his own. Fuck him, the stupid little shit.

Would it have made it better if he'd shit on his own country as well? Not that much for me, but at least he wouldn't be a flagrant hypocrite. But then again, all leftists are hypocrites. All leftist speech is lies and self-contradiction, so I would expect nothing else.

If YOU think I'm making progress then maybe I'd better rethink my position... ;)

― Voltaire
circa

Post by circa »

High on Death wrote:
circa wrote:

The point is that for some reason sports now pushes leftist political propaganda down my throat. Sports used to be a refuge from politics, ffs.
If you're so confident in your viewpoints politically why do you need a refuge from them or their opposing views? Additionally why are you afraid of "political propoganda being shoved down your throat"?

Do you not feel you have the mental capacity to make your own decisions on things? Surely a strong willed person such as yourself shouldn't be worried about their convictions being converted by what athletes do or say?

Do you also not see the irony in complaining about political propaganda being shoved down your throat in a setting that it hasn't traditionally belonged?

I mean to be fair,

don't you do the same thing on a community forum made for MOHAA players?

MOHAA used to be a refuge from politics .. unfortunately you have decided to change that.

However I (unlike you and your stance with the NFL - haven't made a big deal about it on teamspeak numerous times and in countless forum posts - I kind of just take your political rants in a gaming environment as something that is your right to do. Weird that you can't or won't grant athletes the same kind of freedom or discretion to voice concerns about things they don't like politically.

Respectfully - maybe a little self reflection is in order here
High on Death wrote:maybe I'd better rethink my position... ;)
A position we can all get behind :)
AriFeannor

Post by AriFeannor »

I mean I'm sure there are a number of people that would appreciate political and religious conversations to be left out of the teamspeak. Anyone on the forums can decide to read and jump in or not, not so much on the teamspeak unless you just don't get on it all. I don't identify with any left or right but I'd have to say I'm definitely more of a leftist when it comes to rights, racism, and police brutality. As far as what the moneyed interests do, both sides are thieves and liars all around. When it comes to hypocrisy, everyone is one. Mainly because most people don't understand that life is not supposed to work, that it is a pointless, deterministic and nihilist universe and they try throwing lies like religion and political ideations around that never work because their premise's is flawed. Reality is too scary for them and they accept one of the lies as their premises. No one likes being a robot on a speck of dust floating in space that time will forget in ''no time''. Really, trying to work on these ''problems'' is just like restoring a car before incinerating it. But our programming always leads us to want something better, just to bad the powers that be won and have people getting mad at the wrong shit when we should all be picking up our pitchforks and getting rid of the elites, on both ''sides''.

Can't see how you can point to evil on one side and pretend you don't have some big corporate evil on the right as well. And every country is shit, who cares about the one you just happened to be born in?
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

circa wrote:
If you're so confident in your viewpoints politically why do you need a refuge from them or their opposing views? Additionally why are you afraid of "political propoganda being shoved down your throat"?
What does my confidence in my own viewpoints have to do with anything? I'm sick of being lectured to every second of every day.
Do you not feel you have the mental capacity to make your own decisions on things? Surely a strong willed person such as yourself shouldn't be worried about their convictions being converted by what athletes do or say?
Yes I have the mental capacity to make my own decisions. No I am not worried about being "converted" by stupid leftists. That doesn't mean that I enjoy being lied to.
Do you also not see the irony in complaining about political propaganda being shoved down your throat in a setting that it hasn't traditionally belonged?

I mean to be fair,

MOHAA used to be a refuge from politics .. unfortunately you have decided to change that.

However I (unlike you and your stance with the NFL - haven't made a big deal about it on teamspeak numerous times and in countless forum posts - I kind of just take your political rants in a gaming environment as something that is your right to do. Weird that you can't or won't grant athletes the same kind of freedom or discretion to voice concerns about things they don't like politically.

No, I see no irony. This is a forums. Meant for discussion. Somebody (not me) put in a special place where I can talk about my political views. People are free to read it or pass. It is still possible to play MOHAA without reading the forums (as people prove every day).

Sports, now, for some reason they have to start each and every game by disrespecting my country. Sports media, do the scores even matter any more? No, they just care who shits on the anthem. Why? It has nothing to do with anything involved with the sport. Its all about a political agenda. They just hate America and want to turn us into Venezuela.
Yeah, fuck you too.:D

Edit - FIXED

― Voltaire
circa

Post by circa »

High on Death wrote:
circa wrote:
What does my confidence in my own viewpoints have to do with anything? I'm sick of being lectured to every second of every day.
Yes I have the mental capacity to make my own decisions. No I am not worried about being "converted" by stupid leftists. That doesn't mean that I enjoy being lied to.

I mean to be fair,

No, I see no irony. This is a forums. Meant for discussion. Somebody (not me) put in a special place where I can talk about my political views. People are free to read it or pass. It is still possible to play MOHAA without reading the forums (as people prove every day).

Sports, now, for some reason they have to start each and every game by disrespecting my country. Sports media, do the scores even matter any more? No, they just care who shits on the anthem. Why? It has nothing to do with anything involved with the sport. Its all about a political agenda. They just hate America and want to turn us into Venezuela.
[/quote]

For you to edit my post and make it seem like I said something I didn't really says more than anything we can debate here. Have a good night