Public server improvements

Lostin

Re: Public server improvements

Post by Lostin »

Thanks HOD. We now have more flexibility.
HadeesDrudge wrote:What is it you dont like about kick nades Lostin?
The kick nades is just not fun. Sometimes you get front spawn and then you just go and do a nade kick on the opposite team's spawn (Rockbound is just one example). It is just not fairplay. It can be better for TDM or FFA but definitely not for OBJ. Take a look at how better the scrim server is now after nade kick removal.
HadeesDrudge

Post by HadeesDrudge »

Sounds like you need to go to 'Tro's School of nade kicking'
There is almost no difference to a standard Nade.
Also no one kills me with it and i generally dominate Tro every time he try's to kick one.
Lostin

Post by Lostin »

It seems you need to learn some MOHAA. There is a HUGE difference between nades kick and no nades kick. For instance, try to blow a nade in the air on Algiers map from inside the checkers room without the nade kick mod. There is no much skills in nade kick. It is just a timing matter.
Tro

Post by Tro »

Lostin wrote:
It seems you need to learn some MOHAA. There is a HUGE difference between nades kick and no nades kick. For instance, try to blow a nade in the air on Algiers map from inside the checkers room without the nade kick mod. There is no much skills in nade kick. It is just a timing matter.
If there is not much skill, why dont you do it?

The thing is, because you die a lot from it you dont like it...
I die from it a lot (when fighting Hadees lol) but its so much fun, wouldnt change it for the world!

I think you need to decide if you enjoy the game, its not serious.... it should be fun
Lately you have been complaining about everything and everyone, you dont come on TS anymore

Try to enjoy what we have, we must be doing something right... we are getting a lot of traffic lately

Tro
Lostin

Post by Lostin »

Tro
Simply put, because i don't need to. I like and play a fair fight mostly. It is the same reason i barley use the glitches or the camp kills.
Everyone enjoys the game differently. It is a matter of personal preferences. I play as attacker whether I'm in the attacking team or not. And yes, you shouldn't be using your admin power to mute players who complain about a team killer.
High on Death
Site Admin

Post by High on Death »

Its always the case that people don't like what kills them.

If we go all-weapons, then people hate getting killed with a tube. (I always thought it was pretty hard to get kills with a tube, at least for me. So if anything, I get jealous.)

Or people who are using a rifle get mad if they get killed by a machine gun.

Or if we go rifle/sniper with pistols, then some people get mad at how unfair it is that they got bashed, or shot with a pistol.

Or when it's rifle/sniper, then people complain about my rifle.

Personally, the way I've always looked at it is when I don't like how someone gets over on me, I want to challenge and beat them next time. Punish them until they give up and go to another weapon. (of course a couple of those kick nades are very hard to defend against. It changes the strategy a bit, unless you want to die first and go get a beer, which is usually the way I go...)

Bottom line, I guess, is that there's no pleasing everybody. Best we can do is to try to change it up once in a while and try to keep things fresh.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire
Tro

Post by Tro »

Lostin wrote:
Tro
Simply put, because i don't need to. I like and play a fair fight mostly. It is the same reason i barley use the glitches or the camp kills.
Everyone enjoys the game differently. It is a matter of personal preferences. I play as attacker whether I'm in the attacking team or not. And yes, you shouldn't be using your admin power to mute players who complain about a team killer.
I muted you because you constantly called people out, for various reasons .... its not a good look

Not abuse of power, trying to get the message across .. should be fun... but lately its clear to me your not enjoying it and taking it out on others

Come TS for a chat!

Tro
dckx

Post by dckx »

I don't have a say on this as I don't really play, but here are my two cents anyway:

*Remove nades kick (or at least make it you can't kick your own nade)
I was never a fan of nade kicking but I don't think it ruins the game. I think most people seem to enjoy it.

*Make sniper clip 10 bullets.
I have no preference between 5 or 10 bullets. However, I think it makes sense to have the same setting in the public and scrim servers in this regard.

*Reduce the round time to 2 or 3 minutes to discourage camping.
I've always pushed for 3 minutes. In my experience it is enough. We had this in our public servers for more than a decade and it never felt it was too little time. HOD has a point, though, in which it may foster camping on the defending side... campers are gonna camp, I guess. But I think it is worth trying, not for one night, but for a couple of weeks, as this change would require adaptation time for some. The only map where 3-minute rounds would probably not be enough no matter what is lolv2.

*Some maps need spawn fix specially for Allies. The Hunt is just one example.
I totally disagree with this. Hunt is a good map specifically because of how the axis side can rush. If you are axis, you rush like crazy. If you are allies, there's the extra challenge to play very smart and time well your movements. I've never understood why people don't like this aspect of this map.

*Remove custom maps except for Rockbound.
I somewhat agree with this. It is true customs drive people out. But I think the problem is not customs per se, but some specific customs that are sometimes on rotation. I'd propose the following (I don't know how much work this entails, though): have 5 custom maps, but only have one on a given day. Then, change the custom each weekday. Good customs are: rockbound, abbey-beta, lolv2, renan, stlo, warehouse, even anzio or the canal, although these two are definitely not as good as the others. But some of the others definitely are server killers.
Lostin

Post by Lostin »

I was never a fan of nade kicking but I don't think it ruins the game. I think most people seem to enjoy it.
The kick nades are pretty hard to defend against. In contrary with normal nades where you can run if you see them coming unless they have been thrown from a long distance.
HOD has a point
Yes, and what he said makes sense. It has never actually crossed my mind the camping kills that would rack up if this is going to be applied.

Thanks for your opinion man.
HadeesDrudge

Post by HadeesDrudge »

fn pussies.
Kick nades are the best thing in the game for pure fun.
Get on board or spend your days crying about how the big bad nade got you when you were not looking.